Thursday, May 5, 2011

Thoughtful Thursday

This past month has been interesting, stressful, exciting, disappointing, but still good.  Easter was spent at my Mom's house in the morning and then at Laura and Andy's house for lunch in the afternoon. 

Justin and Lily had a good time working together on the decorating.

Andrew and Austin were able to spend most of the holiday with us, which was great for me! The kids had a great time hunting eggs, especially the bonus plastic eggs that Mom put money in.

Chandel made the cutest egg of all and we named it Rockin' Robin.  Sadly, later he was part of the potato salad...Well, sad for Chandel due to the fact that she had grown attached to it, but yummy for me. :-)

The stressful and disappointing aspect of the past month come from me screwing up royally at work. I don't like making mistakes. I especially don't like making mistakes at work.  I was supposed to hold a conference call with four County Directors. No problem, I can handle it. I was completely prepared. Had my agenda prepared, had my notes template ready to go, had the conference call number all ready to go.  How could I possibley screw this up? Only one way. I FORGOT to make the call!!!! Pure stupidity. I'm thinking about going in for a brain scan. Seriously. I hope it's not a tumor.

The exciting part is that reservations have been made for our vacation with the boys next month. We still need to make some final decisions on some of the trip details, but I'm trying not to be such a "control freak" about those decisions right now. It's hard on me though.  I think they can wait a week, or maybe two. :-)

We finally received notification that Quentin was approved a transfer to another school district, so we'll be moving this summer. I do not like moving. I'm already thinking about what stuff I'm going to get rid of just so that I don't have to move it. It's not a big move...just a few miles away. We need to find a place that is within walking distance of the school because there is no school provided transportation thanks to the State budget.  I can't believe he is going to be in Junior High. He has changed so much in the last few months. It's difficult on both of us. Here is one of my pictures of him when he was a baby. I think he was 6 or 8 months old in this one. Now he is 12 1/2 and has acne! Uggghhh!

No comments: