Friday, May 27, 2011

5K...

Earlier in the year I watched a news story about a 5K walk/run event for charity. I remember doing one in L.A./Hollywood many years ago with Rob. Actually, that might have been a 10K. I don't remember, which is nothing new to me as of late.  What I do remember is that at the end of the walk we saw Jamie Lee Curtis! That was pretty cool.  And, that is the only time I have been to Hollywood.  Anyway, (please excuse my squirrel moment), I half-heartedly made completing a 5K a goal of mine for the year. 

A few weeks ago I stared the Weight Watchers program and low and behold they were advertising the Weight Watchers Walk-It Challenge 5K Walks! My half-hearted goal was thrown in my face every time I logged on to the website. So, I decided to do it.

I also suckered my friend Megan into doing it with me!

She was a good sport about it even though she did not like waking up so early on a Sunday morning. :-)

There were almost 700 people there!

Clearly, we did not finish first. But, we didn't finish last either. It was fun! Megan wants to do another one. She thinks we should run the next one. I think she's CRAZY!

No comments: