Monday, May 25, 2009

Donnell Vista Point

I hope everyone is having a good time on their long weekend. Quentin and I have! He's really enjoying the kids that moved here. They've been swimming and he ditched me and went to the movie with them.

I had planned on going to Yosemite today, but after reading about the head-on collision that killed two people because someone was passing in a double yellow line zone on the road home from Yosemite, I decided against it. I know better than to plan anything on a holiday weekend, I don't know what I was thinking. Oh well, maybe next weekend.

So this morning we hung around the house and I made Quentin clean his room. This did not impress him very much. But, he survived and suggested that we go for a drive. I was getting restless, so I agreed. We headed up the hill and ended up at Donnell Vista Point.

Here's my handsome little man posing for me.


Here's a shot he took of me. Jeez! This Stress Diet is not working fast enough!



Okay, now here is my favorite part of the trip! I had forgotten that I can't take Quentin anywhere now without him trying to immitate Bear Grylls from Man vs. Wild. On the episode where Bear is in the Sierra Nevada Mountains he eats pine needles, because he says they hold a lot of moisture. So, of course Quentin asks if he can try it! I say okay thinking he'll have them in his mouth for a second and then spit them out. But NO!



He's chewing them up!



He's not really liking them, but he refuses to give up right away. If Bear can do it, he can do it!



Ah, he finally has had enough. This is him spitting the pine needles out of his mouth and over the railing of the vista point!
Apparently, the Wild wins this round...

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Okay, you have to tell Q-Man that Bear Grylls got called out on the fact that they go out and film during the day, then go and sleep in HOTELS at night. Ha! Man vs. The Holiday Inn is more like it...