Saturday, February 7, 2009

Sledding

Goodness we had a great time! Quentin has been very anxious to go play in the snow all winter and today we finally pulled it off. It rained/snowed yesterday and today it was sunny and the roads were clear. I decided we'd drive up Hwy. 108 until we found a good place to pull over. When we got to Sierra Village and there still wasn't any snow I was beginning to get a little nervous. How far would we have to go to find snow...after a snow storm? Well, we ended up having to go as far as Little Sweden. It was perfect! There weren't many people so there were still LEGAL parking spaces. I only saw one group of teenagers get a parking ticket. They were probably from Modesto. The goobers parked right in front of the NO PARKING sign!

Anyway, Quentin is extremely happy that he got to play in the snow. He would have been happier had I thought to bring snacks, but he survived.

Here he is being way to cool and standing up on the sled:


He looks a little scared in this one:



And here is the aftermath of the previous shot:




I went down the hill couple of times...there's nothing flattering about a picture of a big butt on a sled:



And, finally, here is Q catching some air:


2 comments:

Ginny said...

Oh my goodness, it looks like fun. I am so glad that you got to go and great job of catching air Quentin. Mom

Aubrey Harns said...

It looks like you guys had a blast! What cool pictures. I especially like the one of Q catching some air.
Hugs,
Aub