Sunday, August 24, 2008

Bummer

Well, this morning Quentin and I were supposed to meet Jeanne and we were all going to go on a great adventure. We were going to go on the zip lines at one of the local caverns! I was scared, but I was looking forward to it. Unfortunatley, we didn't get to go. Why? Because for the second time in five days we got locked out of the house while my car keys were still in it! Three years we've been living here and hadn't locked ourselves out of the house and now twice within a week! Da-dick-er-less I'm tellin' ya'!

We eventually ended up getting in the house. My brother helped us. In the process he broke one of the windows, which is why we didn't get to go. I stayed home and tried to get someone to come and fix the window. No such luck on a Sunday in a po-dunk town. I'm very bummed that we didn't get to go. Quentin on the other hand was fine with it. I kept apologizing and he said, "Mom, it's okay. I'm not mad. I was scared anyway." So, I'm guessing he would have chickened out once we got there.

When my brother broke the window he cut himself. Nothing bad, but it was bleeding. His daughter was crying and was really upset. I was holding her and telling it was okay. We asked her why she was so upset. She managed to tell us, between sobs, that she was crying because her daddy broke the window and she was going to tell her mommy! And she did just as soon as she saw her!

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Jenn:

You missed out on a really fun time. Q wouldn't have chickened out when he saw all the cute little girls that were doing the zip line. Piece of cake!

Ginny said...

Oh my poor babies. I know that when the time is right Quentin will do the zip line and love it. As for Miss Lily...We will have to work on the tattling. I am sure that her mom appreciated it though. Great pictures Jenn. Mom

Aubrey Harns said...

Broke her heart to have to rat him out huh?! That's funny. Sorry you were locked out again! Man, what's going on?!!! Glad Jeanne had a good time at the carnaval.
Hugs,
Aub