Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Armadillos & Alligators

We spent a day at the San Diego Zoo while we were on vacation. Our mission was to find an armadillo. The weird little creature is Quentin's favorite animal right now. We asked around a bit and found out that the children's area had an armadillo. We walked around the whole children's zoo (with my new found stalker in tow, but that's another blog) and could not find the darned little thing. So, I sent Quentin into the petting zoo area to ask one of the zookeepers. He came back and said that they are not on exhibit but someone would bring one out later. I was a little confused so I asked the man myself. He informed us that the armadillos are not on exhibit right now because they just had babies. However, if we needed to study them for a school report then he could take us to the VIP area and let us see and pet the armadillo! Of course it's for school! Wink, wink! ;-)
Here are a few pictures of Quentin petting Armando the armadillo.



John the zookeeper was a very nice man. You could tell that he really liked being around the animals and sharing them with the people. After we all got to pet the armadillo John decided that he had enough time to share one more animal with us. This time it turned out to be Aubrey's favorite animal. It was a 3-foot alligator! Aub was so excited! I must say that it was pretty darn cool to pet these types of animals. I mean it's not somethin' regular folk get to do on a day to day basis. Ya' know!?

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Wow! I can't believe you got to pet a 'gator! That is so cool. Sounds like you had a great time and I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures.

Ginny said...

Hey these are great pictures and sure do show that everyone was having a great time. Hope that Quentin gets over the trama of his lab work today. Tell him that I love him. Mom