Friday, March 5, 2010

Photography Class

This week has had it's share of ups and downs. I'm not going to talk about the downs because I'm tired of worrying about them. So, one of the ups...

Today I went to my first photography class. I found it in the community education classes booklet that I got in the mail. The class is designed for "Active Adults".  To be honest, I was a little nervous that I wouldn't be able to keep up with them. But, there is a big array of skill level and personality among the students.  For example, there is the lady who looks like she's between 55 and 60 years old, but she dresses like a 28 year old.  She constantly raised her hand.  And, she accused two other ladies of being the teacher's pet. Yea, they gave her some dirty looks. It was kinda' funny and really surprising all at the same time. Then, there's the lady whom I thought was going to beat up the little old ladies that she felt were asking stupid questions. And, I ended up sitting next to the sweetest lady that used to be a government employee, just like me!

The lessons today covered Aperture, Shutter Speed and Exposure.  Here's a picture that I took after class.

Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Sounds like an "interesting" mix of people. Hope you learn lots in the class and have fun, despite all those teacher's pets!

Ginny said...

Wow, and I only have to deal with run-a-way kids and work. Hope that you have a great time with the class and the fighting ladies. Mom