Saturday, September 5, 2009

Surprise Party


Quentin's birthday is in a week, but we had his party today. He didn't know it until he got there and his friends ambushed him at the door of the pizza parlor.



He's been homesick and last weekend he asked if we could go back to Sonora. I told him I didn't know. Then, Monday I called and emailed and did what I could to make contact with the people I knew he would want to be at his party that he didn't know he was having.



It was last minute and a holiday weekend, so I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out. But, it was really successful!



He was so completely happy to see his friends and especially his favorite teacher, Mrs. Neumann!



I just want to thank everyone for coming again and for keeping it a surprise! I know it was hard on some of the kids.

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Niiice ambush Jenn! Glad Q-Man got to see his friends and have a great birthday. That kid's gotta love you for that.

Aubrey Harns said...

So awesome! Glad everyone could show & that he was surprised. Happy birthday to my Q!

Ginny said...

What a fun time they must have had. They all look very happy. Great job Jenn. Happy Birthday Quentin. Only two more years and you will be a teenager. Oh my goodness!!!!! Love you both.