Sunday, September 27, 2009

Good Times

Quentin and I had a really good weekend. We went to his soccer game Saturday morning and Quentin played very well. I really love to watch him play.



Then, Saturday evening we went to the Dierks Bently and Brad Paisley concert. I had gotten a deal on tickets, but they were for the lawn section. Once we got to the venue I went to one of the people checking tickets and asked if anyone was selling upgrade tickets (like they did at the Fray). They directed me to a man holding a small supply of tickets. I asked him if he was selling upgrades and he said "No". I was slightly confused, but then he said he would GIVE me upgrade tickets! I love free stuff!



Anyway, the concert was great! If the tour comes to your hometown you've got to go check it out! Jimmy Wayne opened the show and he did really good. But, our favorite was Dierks.



Don't get me wrong, Brad was awesome too. All three of them really engaged the crowd and they sounded as good live as they do on their CDs. At the end, all three of them sang Brad Paisley's song Alcohol.



We left then, beause I wanted to beat all of the drunks out of the parking lot. We were tempted to stay because Jimmy Wayne was going to be signing autographs and we thought maybe the other guys would come out too, but as they say "safety first".

This morning we went down to the river and hung out for a while. Quentin didn't have any water shoes and didn't like how the slimy rocks felt on his feet, so he put his socks on and played until it was time to go home and watch the Charges beat the Dolphins! It wasn't a very impressive game, but at least they won. Philip Rivers did have a couple of good passes though.

3 comments:

Aubrey Harns said...

Glad you guys had a great time...did you squeeze Dierks for me...LOVE HIM!

Ginny said...

Sounds like you had a good weekend. I would love to get to see Quentin play in one of his games. Oh well, maybe someday again. Love you both. Mom

Barbi said...

Passes, how about the TD!