Saturday, September 20, 2008

Saturdays at the Park

Saturdays during Summer and Fall mean soccer. And since today is Saturday I spent a few hours at the park watching my boy play his little heart out.



This week they faced a team from our old neighborhood. The team is quite formidable. Yes, it is Coach Dave's team. Coach Dave was Quentin's coach for two years of soccer and two years of T-ball. Then I had to go and move us to a different district. What was I thinking?! Now Quentin always gets nervous when he hears that he has to play against a team that is being led by Coach Dave. Here's Coach Dave. He and his entire family are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet.



Quentin and Zach (Dave & Lisa's son) were best buddies. They went to Kindergarten together and of course were on the soccer and T-ball teams together. Here's a picture of them facing off. Zach is on the left in the grey uniform and Quentin is on the right in the black uniform.




Here's a shot of Quentin doing a little fancy footwork. He didn't score any goals this week, but he played great. Last week he scored two goals...of course I didn't take my camera!


2 comments:

Jeanne said...

So, I guess that means you're a soccer Mom? Ha ha! Well, while I'm curled up on the sofa under my nice, soft throw, eating delicious soup this Fall, I'll be thinking of you out at the park having all that fun, but not missing it at all!

Aubrey Harns said...

Cool shots Jenn. Wish I lived closer so I could watch his ball games.
Love ya guys!
Aub