Sunday, August 2, 2009

Knight Fire

A week ago today the Q-Man and I were driving home and as we came around a curve in the road the view changed. This is what it changed to:

This is the Knight Fire approximately a half hour after it started. It is still burning and is at about 30% containment as of the last report. It has burned over 4,000 acres. The cause of the fire has not been released, but because of the area it's in, I'm going to guess that it was an irresponsible backpacker. Of course, there were clouds in the area, so maybe it was dry lightening. I don't know... Either way, there are homes in the general vicinity and I'm thankful for our firefighters, as I'm sure they are!

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Cool picure jen-nay. Hope you had a good time. WHATEVER you were doing in this area. :-)