Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Fray

Awesome concert! Fiasco of a day.

Barbi and I were supposed to meet at 3:30 p.m. and have lunch at the Cheesecake Factory, so I left early to allow for traffic. Well, it's a good thing I did because one hour into the drive I suddenly realized I LEFT THE CONCERT TICKETS AT HOME! Yes, you read that right. I had already driven for an hour and then I had to turn around and drive back to get the tickets. So, a drive that should have taken me two and a half hours ended up taking me four and a half. I was quite irritated. Needless to say, I did not make it to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch. It was all Gregory's fault, because he distracted me with a phone call, but he claims no responsibility.


Anyway, once we finally got to Shoreline Amphitheatre Barbi paid for V.I.P. Parking and that was the best money ever spent! We walked right in with no problems. Once we were seated in our rainbow pride chairs I noticed that the tickets had a row and seat number, but they also said "LAWN". We were seated in the lawn section. Barbi talked me into asking the weird security guard why the tickets had seat numbers when they were lawn seats. He explained that it was so they could keep track of how many tickets were sold. Gotta' stay within those Maximum Occupancy limits! But, he also told me that there was a guy walking around that had upgrade tickets for $10. We both wanted to upgrade the tickets so I went on the hunt for the ticket man. I was so excited when I found him and he was actually legit...not a scalper! We packed up our pride chairs and headed for the center reserved section of the amphitheatre. It was great! They played all of my favorite songs and even though the lead singer can be a bit dramatic sometimes the show was really good.




1 comment:

Ginny said...

Sounds like you eventually had a great time. I am very glad that everything worked out for you. Love Ya, Mom