Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Move

It went pretty well considering there was a moment that the moving truck overheated and we thought we were going to have to trade it in for a new one, which would have entailed transferring all my stuff from one to the other. My wonderful friends helped me load the moving truck Tuesday night after work and then we moved to the new place Wednesday morning. It was really hot, but it got done pretty quickly. The guys worked really hard. I have no idea how many times we all went up and down the stairs. Woody was kind enough to point out that the stairs were "really going to help me". Well, so far they have helped to make my calves cramp. I can't wait to see what they help with next. :-)
I really like the new place. It's set up differently than the apartment in Sonora. I've made decent progress on the boxes today. I should have the kitchen done by the end of the day. And I've gotten some other things done too.
I'll post pictures when everything is where it's supposed to be.
Quentin, if you're reading this...I love you honey and I miss you!

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Jenn:

Glad the move went well, and I'm glad the truck didn't break down! I hope you're enjoying settling in to your lovely new apartment. Have a great weekend and I can't wait to see pictures.