Thursday, March 12, 2009

Friday Traditions

It seems that in my family Friday has always been the day of the week that we spent together. When I was a kid my Dad and Mom would take my sister, brother and I out to dinner after work. When we lived in Gila Bend there weren't too many choices of restaurants, so a lot of times we would end up at Exit West, which was the restaurant attached to the Best Western Hotel outside of town. Man did I love their shredded beef tacos! Two tacos please...that was ALWAYS my order. When we moved to Phoenix we mixed things up a little more. Sometimes it was Mexican Food, sometimes Italian. But, mostly it was Chinese. It was a buffet place that I don't remember the real name of because my Dad insisted on calling it Tai Fong's Bent Fork! Ha ha! Love ya' Dad! Justin always picked the same thing at this buffet...jello and green salad! Not a single other item. Dad got mad every time! Threatened not to ever take us back, but we'd go to old Tai Fong's Bent Fork over and over. :-)

When Quentin and I moved to Sonora we started going to dinner every Friday night with our extended family in the area. When Mom moved we kind of quit going out on Friday for some reason. But, since then Quentin and I have started our own little Friday tradition. We call it Movie Night. We either rent a movie, pick a movie from our extensive DVD library, or we go out to the movie theater. If we stay home and watch a movie, we turn off all of the lights and have popcorn and call it our movie theater.

This past Friday night we watched our movie at home and we also decided to do something a little different. We went a little wild and baked and decorated some sugar cookies! They were yummy! Here's a picture of them:


I hope you all have your own traditions that make you happy!

2 comments:

Ginny said...

Ah, good memories Jenn. The cookies look great too. I am looking forward to movie theater when Quentin comes here next month. Mom

Aubrey Harns said...

That's the coolest Jenn. I'm glad you guys have made your own traditions (and I had fun remembering our old with you!). Those cookies looked good too. Glad you guys had one for me. :)
Love you!
Aub