Saturday, March 21, 2009

Daffodil Hill

I've been wanting to go to Daffodil Hill for years and today Quentin and I finally went! There were a few reasons I chose to go today.

1. It's Opening Day!

2. Irish Days is going on in Murphys today, so I figured the crowds would go there instead of Daffodil Hill.

3. We're supposed to get a big storm tonight, so I thought it would be best to see the flowers before they were buried under a few inches of snow.
Daffodil Hill was founded in 1887 in Volcano, CA. There are six acres of daffodils, which include about 300 varieties and about 500,000 blooms annually.

Here's a picture of some daffodils. Their color reminds me of sherbet ice cream. I don't know why.


Here's a little cabin behind a field of daffodils.



Here's a peacock strutting his stuff. When he shook his feathers they made a buzzing sound. It was really cool.



And here's a shot that my sister would have wanted me to take. I wish she were here to take one herself.



This shot is for my Mom. It's not from Daffodil Hill, but it's a redbud bush that was along the side of the raod on the way to Daffodil Hill.


4 comments:

Aubrey Harns said...

Jenn - great shots! I noticed "my shot" right away. I love it. Thanks for taking it for me. It looks like you guys had a spectacular day!
Love ya,
Aub

Jeanne said...

I love the photos! Looks like you had a really good day. Love the "Aubrey" shot.

Ginny said...

This one made me cry. Really. And at work too. No fair. Jenn, they are fantastic. I of course love my shot of the red bud. They are great. I also really like Aubrey's too. What a contrast. I hope that you had a great time. Love, Mom

Ginny said...

This one made me cry. Really. And at work too. No fair. Jenn, they are fantastic. I of course love my shot of the red bud. They are great. I also really like Aubrey's too. What a contrast. I hope that you had a great time. Love, Mom