Monday, December 22, 2008

Yummy Treats


Okay, today has pretty much been a drama filled day, but I chose to put it all aside and bake Christmas goodies! Well, I didn't put it ALL aside, but I did my best. I even let Quentin help me do the baking. Hey what is a vacation for if not to make a complete mess of the kitchen and to get completely cart-locked in the grocery store? Seriously, it is like a zoo out there! People are running stop signs and speeding through crowded parking lots and to make it all worse it's raining. We all know that rain makes people crazy. Why is that?

Anyway, here are some pictures of the yummy Christmas goodies.

Here is the cookie dough waiting to go into the oven. Oh man, those are good cookies. I had to sample one...okay, maybe it was two...or three. :-)


Here are the peanut butter bars. They don't look so great in this picture, but they're really really good. Besides pink junk (fruit salad) they're at the top of the list for favorite Christmas treats.



And just for Quentin I made fudge. I kicked it up a notch this year and made it in the shape of a wreath and put red and green sugar sprinkles on it. Oh, by the way, it's yummy too!






Tomorrow I'll make the Magic Cookie Bars and then on Wednesday I'm going to attempt to cook a turkey! I got the LAST fresh turkey at the grocery store and the damn little thing cost me $33! Please wish me luck on it turning out well.

3 comments:

Ginny said...

Oh how I wish I could be there and try some of each. They all look beautiful. Great job. I am sure that the turkey will turn out great also. I love you. Mom

Aubrey Harns said...

Your turkey is going to be great Jenn & all your goodies look so good. I miss you guys!!!
Merry Christmas,
Aub

Jeanne said...

You paid $33 for a turkey? Wow. That's all I have to say about that! All your treats look delicious. Not the peanut butter though. Yuk. I mean, it looks delicious but I only like PB&J sandwiches. And on celery. Not in cookies. Or other stuff. Anyhoo... I hope your Christmas is great! And yeah, people are nuts out there. Heard a lot of cursing in the parking lot of SaveMart this afternoon. I was sure that an altercation was about to ensue. Well, I guess it had already ensued in a verbal way. I was just waiting for it to get physical. Okay, I've rambled enough. Good bye.